News from the Shack
- Wanna Vacation, but Can’t Get Away? March 17, 2020 - Aloha Shack is committed to providing ono food for you and your ohana during this crisis. We are open for takeout orders and will remain open as long as we can. You can check here or on our Facebook page for updates on our status. Please be safe out there and stay healthy!
- Try Our Award Winning Sauces at the Biggest Little City Wing Fest July 5 & 6, 2019 July 3, 2019 - We’ll be serving up all of our fan favorites and a couple new sauces at the Biggest Little City Wing Fest this weekend. Come on downtown and get a sneak peek at some of the items that will be on the menu at our new restaurant, coming soon! You can also check out the press […]
- Aloha Shack was Back in the Fox 11 Studio this Week June 21, 2019 - Chris and Phyn dropped in to the studio at Fox 11 Reno to talk with Bill Frankmore about Food Truck Friday. We also talked about our new restaurant and Feed the Camel, another food truck festival in Reno! You can check out the whole interview here.
- Aloha Shack is Opening a Restaurant in 2019! May 25, 2019 - We are excited to announce that we’re opening a restaurant this year! Our dream of bringing great Hawaiian style food to Reno and Northern Nevada has taken us through many phases. We went from a small food booth at local events to a food truck, and now will continue to serve you the delicious, island-inspired […]
- Best of Northern Nevada 2018 – #3 Food Truck August 10, 2018 - We were honored to be voted among the top 3 food trucks and best places to dine solo in Reno News and Review’s poll of Northern Nevada this year. You can check it out here. Thank you for your votes and for eating with us! We get to do what we love because you love […]
- Aloha Shack Returns to Fox 11 June 6, 2018 - When Fox 11 called us to come and talk Food Truck Friday again, we couldn’t resist! You can see the story here, and don’t forget to head over to Food Truck Friday for a great time and your favorite Hawaiian style food.
- Best of Reno 2017 – Best Food Truck September 12, 2017 - You voted and all of Reno heard you! Aloha Shack was voted Best Food Truck in Reno in RGJ’s Best of Reno poll. You can read about it here. Thanks for voting us #1! If you haven’t tried our food yet, check our schedule to find out where the food truck will pop up next.
- Aloha Shack on Fox 11 July 12, 2017 - We were thrilled when Fox 11 asked us to hype Food Truck Friday on the air. Check out the story here, and come down to Food Truck Friday for your favorite Hawaiian style food at Aloha Shack!
About Aloha Shack
With roots in Hawaii and Vietnam, ohana is what’s most important at Aloha Shack. Chris and his wife, Theresa, grew up in Cali and Texas with food at the center of their family lives. Aloha Shack’s recipes come from years of cooking in our moms’ and grandmoms’ kitchens where they learned the secret arts of Hawaiian and Asian cuisines. Over the years they’ve honed their skills in the kitchen to bring you comfort food on a new level. Even if you’re not from the islands, this food will take you home.
The people of Reno agree, having voted Aloha Shack best food truck in RGJ’s “Best of Reno” poll in 2017, our debut season! Our food truck was recognized again in the RN&R’s “Best of Northern Nevada” in 2018.
Chris has earned the respect of local chefs and business owners earning him runner up as Northern Nevada’s most handsome man in RN&R’s 2018 “Best of Northern Nevada” survey. The start of Aloha Shack, however, came from chance. He and Theresa had reserved a vendor spot for their clothing booth at a chicken wing event in Carson City, NV in 2011. One of the cooks couldn’t make it to the event so by the second day the organizers gave Chris a shot to do what would become more than just a passion.
Theresa is the other half of the creative team behind Aloha Shack’s propulsion into the public eye of Northwest Nevada. Not only does she manage Aloha Shack’s social media, handle scheduling, and source the best ingredients, she is inventive in the kitchen too. This trait serves her well, as she maintains a keto diet. With that in mind, we will bring a keto menu to the table, not because it’s the new fad, but because it’s working for her. We also happen to feel keto food complements the rest of our menu quite well!
Phyn is our food truck manager and webmaster. So if you see something wrong on the site, it’s his fault. You can tell him about it here. He thanks you in advance for your feedback. Referred to as the “fusion” in the food truck’s “Hawaiian Asian Fusion” tagline, Phyn has been a part of the project and our ohana for most of the last decade. He’s provided graphic, web, and customer service support through the years. He can usually be found in the food truck at local events like Food Truck Fridays, Feed the Camels, and others around Reno.
Tina Cannon Christianson
Tina has also been a consistent source of support as we’ve worked toward our goal of opening our first restaurant! If you’ve visited us at Chuck’s in Cold Springs or Food Truck Fridays, then she will be a familiar face when you visit us in our new location on Red Rock. Tina has been heavily involved in the Polynesian community in Reno, helping to organize events and dancing Hula.
Scott is known around Reno as a lover of really good food. Being a bit of a celebrity in the Reno foodie community, Chris and Theresa recognized him when he came to the food truck, and began a conversation. Once he tried the food and spent a few minutes talking shop, he quickly became part of our ohana. Scott is also a food truck owner, running the new Scottacos taco trailer.
Over most of the last decade, we have been taking home awards and growing our brand, Aloha Shack, in the biggest little city in the world! We want to bring the joy of our food to you and your ohana. That’s why we greet our guests with aloha, and we put the same love into each dish on our menu. So please come by for a visit.
Experience Ohana ♥ Food at Aloha Shack!